Thoughts and Things
- Is it me, or are some of Bart's love notes just as creepy as the scary ones that Cokie sent???
- So, once again, Cokie gave herself away by using a phrase from one of her threatening notes. She did the same thing in #17 when she called Mary Anne's mustard seed necklace a "bad luck charm." This must be why the whole book felt really repetitive.
- This book is the most we've seen of Shannon since #11. I thought she played a bigger role in the series than that. Maybe I'm just thinking of the later books when she becomes the alternate officer for awhile.
- Kristy hides her notes in a copy of The Cat Ate my Gymsuit; a definite shout out to AMM's friend, Paula Danziger.
- The lobster costumes are pretty freaking awesome, but how did they drink punch with the claw mittens over their hands? Did they take them off?
- Speaking of costumes, I kind of miss dressing up for Halloween. I haven't had a reason to in years....
Shannon's uniform on the cover is ugly.
I've never been one to jump on the "Kristy is a lesbian bandwagon," but in this book, Shannon tells her to come out of the closet and Kristy refuses. Yes, Shannon meant it literally (Kristy was trying to have private phone conversation from inside a closet), but it still made me giggle. That, and Kristy thinking the notes were sent by a girl. :)